Get a Cypriot passport by investment
Investors and their families can through Naturalization under the law adopted on 19 March 2014.
obtain Cypriot passport by investment
The fast application process saves a lot of time for investors and their families, who can now
get Cyprus Citizenship in just 3-4 months.
The process is simple and straightforward.
Cyprus is one of the few EU countries offering citizenship directly, without residency requirements.
In other countries, applicants must first obtain a residency permit and, after a period of five to ten years,
may file a new application for citizenship. The Cypriot system has transparent procedures based on economic criteria
and the requirement of a clean criminal record.
- Cypriot Passport is an EU passport;
- An investor gets a Cypriot passport for himself/herself, his/her spouse and dependent children under the age of 28, provided they are full-time students. Grandchildren may also obtain citizenship;
- No need to live in Cyprus;
- No need also to take history or language exams;
- The guvernement of the Republic accepts
dual citizenship in Cyprus
- Profits of Cypriot companies are taxed at the rate of 12.5%;
- The tax treaty helps avoid double taxation;
- Citizens have the right to attend schools or universities in all EU countries for free, or at state-subsidized rates;
- Cypriot passport holders are entitled to visa-free travel to over 140 countries. It is also easy to obtain visas to other countries, such as the US;
- Benefits of a modern EU are leading healthcare system;
The applicant must directly invest not less than €2,5 million and purchase:
- Real estate, including residential, commercial and accommodation properties or projects of a similar nature;
- Companies or businesses in the Republic of Cyprus;
- Financial assets: securities, bonds authorized and issued in Cyprus;
- Holdings in a company or a consortium of companies which operates a public project;
- Personal deposits of at least €2,5 million for three years in banking institutions of the Republic of Cyprus or deposits of private companies beneficially owned by the applicant.
- An investor is entitled to obtain Cypriot citizenship if he/she has a combination of the above totalling at least €2,5 million. A minimum duration of investment is 3 years.
The investor must also meet the following conditions:
- Clean criminal record certified by the authorities of his/her country of origin;
- Confirmation that the applicant is not named on the list of persons whose assets must be frozen within the boundaries of the European Union;
- Ownership of a permanent residence in Cyprus, purchased for at least €500.000 plus VAT. This residence must be kept for life;
- The applicant does not become a Cypriot resident for tax purposes unless he/she spends in Cyprus more than 183 days of a year.
Dual citizenship in Cyprus
Having dual citizenship, particularly in the EU, is very beneficial for many reasons:
- Cypriot citizens enjoy the freedom to live, work and travel anywhere in Europe;
- Cypriot passport holders can travel without visas to more than 140 countries;
- Cypriot passport holders can easily obtain visas for other countries, such as the US.